Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Chrysler Building NYC

Multiple views of the 3D Model for sale

A shot looking up

A Magic Hour shot looking across

Close-Up of the main "Eagles"

Beauty shot


Mom and her Plymouth


My relationship to Chrysler

I have a special relationship to the Chrysler corporation and this has something to do with my modeling of one of the most beautiful Architectural masterpieces in modern history.

My uncle, Jim Keir worked at Chrysler for over 30 years, and was on the team that developed the Turbine car in the 60's [http://auto.howstuffworks.com/chrysler-turbine-concept-cars1.htm]. My mother worked as a executive secretary for Jimmy Hoffa in Detroit in the 50's and had a beautiful Plymouth. [ see pic above]. We grew up driving a Dodge Aspen throughout the 70's and 80's, and when I finally went to Art Center in Pasadena CA., I was awarded a scholarhip by Chrysler, so I have a soft spot for them.

Oddly, I have built the Chrysler building twice! Once while at BLT and Associates for the "How to loose a Guy in 10 Days" advertising campaign, then at The Cimarron Group. I proceeded to build this Art Deco building once more, and this time very accurately. All small Deco details including the magnificent "Eagles" were build with all details and welds as Sub-D quads.

The model is still for sale via Turbosquid if you have need for this model.


Cheers, THOM

P.S. You can click the Post Title to see the model online for sale, or paste this text into your browser:

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-art-deco-nyc-chrysler-building-model/297331

No comments:

Post a Comment