Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Project Review: The City of Pasadena









3D Logo Design for
The City of Pasadena CA.

Client: The City of Pasadena via The Cimarron Group.
Art Director: unknown
Project Date: Fall 2008

I was tasked by the Corporate Division of the Cimarron Group in 2008 to help re-brand "The City of Pasadena". My College is there with Art Center up on the hill, so I have many fond memories associated with Pasadena, so this was fun project.
I am also a huge Arts and Crafts fan, having owned a few Craftsman homes, Pasadena is known for the masterworks you will find in the city like the Gamble house from the Greene bros, as well as Frank Lloyd Wright's La'-Minatura across the street.
For these Logo designs I focused on the square ebony "peg" construction and floating cloud motifs made famous in the Gamble house in the Logos for the city. I also used stained glass to represent the Roycrofters "Rose" logo, as well as using hammered copper as a material of interest in the movement. Sadly, none were presented to the client, from what I heard.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment