Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Project Review: My Cousin Vinney Blue-Ray Menu Concept

Style Frames from the intro animation of the Courtroom.

The pink Disc Camera used by Marisa Tomei.

A Tuna can used in the film.

Courtroom props for animation in the menu.



My Cousin Vinny Courtroom

Client: 20th Century FOX via The Cimarron Group.
Art Director: Brian Larson.
Project Date: Spring 2009.

I had 10 Hrs budgeted to design and build out the actual courtroom from the hit 1992 "My Cousin Vinny", as well as the props for the menu. I found a website where someone had photographed the restoration of the interior used which was at a different location then the exterior shots.

I did a test animation with some style frames above, as well as a few key props from the film. The pink disc camera that Marisa Tomei uses and the can of Tuna has a role in the film as well. I also did a few Courtroom pieces that we were going to animate in the menu. Sadly the concept was abandoned.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment