Monday, February 21, 2011

Project Review: Kill Bill 2003

A Concept for a One Sheet with Uma Thuman peeking out behind the sword.


This "Tip" Concept was a pure graphic approach used in a few comp ideas presented.


I built the whole sword for use in banners etc as well.


I also did this cobra head in Gold as a Conceptual piece that I designed and made for a few presentations.


Here is a screenshot of the Cobra Head in 3DSmax, showing the geometry I did. I had a half day to design+Build+Render this, as Theatrical Advertising has very fast turn around deadlines, and you need to be very quick on your feet.


KILL BILL

Client: Miramax Films via BLT and Associates.
Art Director: Josiah Ludovico
Project Date: February 2003

Back in 2003 during my days as the 3D Conceptual Designer over at BLT and Associates, I did a few 3D Illustrations for the new upcoming Quentin Tarantino film Kill Bill Part One. We did not have scrap reference from the film so we made it up for the presentation, which happened quite often in Theatrical Advertising.

They needed some Samurai Swords made, as well as a custom Cobra Handle that I designed and built as well for these comps.

This was a fun project as the subject matter is something I have a side interest in as I won a few Swords myself, though still looking for a Hattori Hanzo one.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment