Thursday, April 21, 2011

Project Review: The Phantom 2040: Animated Series PART 58

A Large 28" wide Background Layout I designed for The Phantom 2040 Animated Television Series back in the 90's.


A 22" wide background sketch done as a multi-plane two layer move in traditional filmed animation back in the mid 90's.


Here is the foreground layer overlay that is panned at a faster speed to simulate depth in 2D Animation.


Here are the two above layouts combined.


Phantom 2040-PART LVIII [58th]
Freelance Background Layouts


Client: Hearst Animation Productions.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date Spring 1993.

In this 58th post on "The Phantom 2040" television Animation Series I have put up some more of the layouts I designed for the key areas for, The Phantom 2040 back in the mid 90's.

As Art Director full time as my day job at Hearst I oversaw and did design and animation work for the series , but I also had plenty of freelance work I farmed out to folks like,Nick Pugh and a few others freelancers including, myself.

I never work for free and they wanted me to do the backgrounds over the weekends, so I offered to do them freelance. At first they were hesitant, but I jokes "I know the Art Director very well and can give him what he is looking for first round", and thy got it! I did a bunch, and here are a few I just discovered rolled up as Xerox copies.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment