Thursday, June 30, 2011

Project Review: Space Pirates Video Game Development PART II

A shot of the Space Pirate Character I designed back in 95' for the Development.



A front 3/4 down view showing the Spaceship from Space Pirates.



A very early side sketch drawn over a napkin doodle I did at lunch.



A more developed side view design closer to the final.



A Cut-Away view of the above Pirate Spaceship I designed for the Video Game.



A Low angled rear 3/4 view showing the trailing Pod on the back end of the ship with the Captains windows up top.




SPACE PIRATES
PART II

Client: Luminous Media Inc.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date: Summer 1995

While working for John R. Thomas at Luminous Media in Santa Monica in 1995,I designed for a story written by John about space Pirates, and I have posted here, the development of the main Pirate Spaceship.

It had solar sails that collected the suns energy to power the Galleon through space, so the design was not Aerodynamic per say but fragmented and deconstructed.

I also did a single pirate degin from behind[ No reveal Yet!], for the promotional packages we developed and pitched to Dreamworks etc.


You can view my prior posting here.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment