Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Napkin Sketching and Doodles: PART VIII-More Character Designs

Sketched out a Q's Billiards in Pasadena back in 1996, some 'dude' at the bar....


"Side burn Man" was a guy with extra Looooooong lambchops that was ripe for a character design.



Dracula with a hair curl inspired by the Tim Burton 'Nightmare' look.....\



Pencil Thin Rasta guy was playin' pool at Q's that same night....Soul Glo is calling!

This design was a full character design that I was going to sculpt in clay, some kind of Gremlin.


Napkin Sketching Part VIII
More Character Designs

In this eighth installment of the Napkin Sketches, and Doodles I do during times of relaxation I have posted more character designs I did back in the mid 90's while marinating in Newcastle Nut Brown Ale in Pasadena contemplating my future. [ Ahh, I miss that!]

I base most characters in some form on someone I see or meet. I am an avid people watcher, and you get the best ideas just opening up your eyes and looking around you. Character interpolation is a great way to get you design skills honed as you must make choices fast to get the 'essence' of the design as simple and quickly as possible.

If "Joe-Six-Pack" can ID the design fast you have achieved a good design. Enjoy the designs.

You can view the other parts here:

PART I

PART II

PART III

PART IV

PART V

PART VI

PART VII

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment