Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Napkin Sketching and Doodles: PART IX-More Transportation[ Automotive] Design Doodles.

  A partial sketch laying out a more modern car[ for the 90's :o) when I sketched this]


 In this sketch I played with the windscreen proportions making it taller than the body for a "Big Head" character.


 Salvador Dali styled melting design. Just having fun is what Doodles and Napkin Sketching is all driven by.


 A 57' Buick Grill on a Chevy.



 This design is a NYC Taxi Body Simplified to a toon car with a snarl.


Napkin Sketching Part IX
More Transportation Design Doodles

In this ninth installment of the Napkin Sketches, and Doodles I do during times of relaxation I have posted more designs I have done for cars. As a former Transportation Major from Art Center it is in our blood to do this. We constantly sketch, and love to sketch stuff with wheels wings or propellers.

Above is a sampling from the 90's during the days I spent at The Muse and Q's Billiards in Old Town Pasadena[ both now closed]. I love to sketch when relaxing and drinking a nice Newcastle.

If you design on a regular basis no other exercise helps your skill set increase more than drawing.

You can view the other parts here:

PART I

PART II

PART III

PART IV

PART V

PART VI

PART VII

PART VIII 

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment