Thursday, December 15, 2011

Behind the Art: Napkin Sketching PART XIII

 A Sketch for a fish with fangs, a bit shark mixed with whale and a vampire!


 A Cartoon styled old prop plane[ WWII-ish ]


 Yet another GumboMan Swamp house on stilts, the concept comes back alot in my doodles...


A tall thin character with a very loooooog chin.

Napkin Sketching Part XIII
 
 In this thirteenth installment of the Napkin Sketches, Drawings, and Doodles I do when I have a pen in hand, I have put up a variety of Characters, vehicles, and a background design for todays late 2D posting.
I sketch to stretch. It keep me limber as a designer, and using digital tools all day long it is very helpful to break out of that mold and use you skills elsewhere. 
I also do woodworking, coppersmithing, and various building projects to keep me sane along with these sketches. Keep a good variety of what you draw, and what creative activities you do, and never pass up a real challenge.

You can view the other parts as follows:

PART I

PART II

PART III

PART IV

PART V

PART VI

PART VII

PART VIII

PART IX 
PART XII

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment