Thursday, July 19, 2012

Project Review The Phantom 2040 PART CIV [104th] Transportation Design Underlay Sketches

 Here is the rough for the blimp design for Maxwells, The Woomera, used in the Australia sequence.[ And here, and here too]


 An Enforcer Hyper-cruiser[ Flying Car]concept that I did a few passes at.


 A Space Speeder for a sequence with Sean-One up in Space.


 Here we  have a base proportion drawing for the widely used Enforcer Personnel Carrier seen here., and here


Project Review
The Phantom 2040
PART CIV [104th]
Transportation Design Underlay Sketches

Client: Hearst Animation Productions.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date Spring 1993.


This is my 104th post of my work from the TV animated series, The Phantom 2040 from in the early ninety's, and I have posted a few added underlay drawing for some key vehicles from the animation series for today.

I always do some sort of rough sketch first in the design process, sometimes a small scribble freehand is enlarged on the Xerox[ back in 1991], and I draw over that, and sometimes I build out a tight perspective grid to build over that. Any way you slice it, I always do at least two versions to work stuff out while sketching. 
This is what I teach, that you draw lightly on the first pass, and build up the design over and over until you have what you want, then do a clean overlay.

If you are a FAN of The Phantom 2040, and on FACEBOOK, there is a group for that....  here.

There is a TAG on the list to the RIGHT for other Phantom 2o4o entry's, but you can click this as well.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment