Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Project Review: 3D Pendant Design for 3D Printed replica for Fabrice Meuwissen Photographe Portrait Toulouse PART II

 The first 3D Print Design I did had heavy hammering to it to match the crown look, that I also made for 3D Printing here.

I did an alt, with a lower depth to the hammering. 

The final version "C" had no hammering and was built smooth. 

The final design was also smooth, with an added ring up top for the necklace.

 STEP 1
Build out all individual parts for the Boolean Operation.


STEP II
Place all pieces into the final position for the Boolean in 3D.


STEP III
I always use the Quad-Output option in my Power-Boolean step so they can be printed in 3D.



 STEP IV
Here is the base Poly mesh with the 3D displacement for the hand hammering effect.


 STEP V
A High Rez version with Hammered finish for 3D printing.


STEP VI
I did an ultra High resolution STL export for a detailed 3D Print for use use by
Fabrice Meuwissen

Project Review
3D Pendant Design for 3D Printed replica
 for Fabrice Meuwissen Photographe Portrait Toulouse
PART II

Client:Project Review: Fabrice Meuwissen Photographe Portrait Toulouse
Creative Direction: Fabrice Meuwissen.
Project Date: March 2014.

A year ago in March 2014, I was contacted to help create custom props for Fabrice Meuwissen, a Professional Photographer out of France after he saw my work I did for the crowns models for Game of Thrones Season 2.

I was given a few small 3D Printing, Stereolithography gigs over a few weeks to create custom props for his Photo shoots, and today I am covering a small metal pendant I created for him to use.

As a trained Industrial Designer, my schooling prepared me to work in 3D Printing as I am trained in Dimensional Design, Ergonomics,and Manufacturing, so I can design something that will actually work in the real world, and this small prop was refined a bit in a few passes, and delivered.

Today's post also is a bit of a simple tutorial on how I make these objects in 3DSmax using the great N-power Pro-boolean Plug-In built into the product now.

Look for another posting in the future.

You can review the first post with the 3D Printed crown here.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment